ARC REVIEW!! More by Lisa Shelby


Book Blurb!!

Mickey Jacobs and Alexandra Stotts have known each other since they were kids. Outwardly, living childhoods full of joy and laughter but privately both experiencing their own kinds of pain and disappointment. 

Alex had always been taught what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors. The outside world saw her life as idyllic and picture perfect. But of course, things are never what they seem.

After watching his philandering father tear his family apart and break his mother’s heart time and time again, Mick vowed to never cause another person that kind of pain. Keep it simple. No relationships. 

But then there was the sweet, exotically beautiful Alex. There was always Alex. With her…things were never simple. She was forbidden fruit. His sister’s friend. Off limits.

Alex was head-over-heels for Mick the moment her twelve-year old eyes landed on him. She knew at this young age that they could never be. Even if he wasn’t her best friend’s brother, he was still Mickey freaking Jacobs. Now, all grown up, Mick is gorgeous, the life of the party and an eternal bachelor. He’ll never be able to give Alex what she needs, and she’s not sure she could risk the pain that giving Mickey Jacobs her heart would surely inflict.

Can Mick and Alex find a way to heal themselves by loving each other?

Can he give her MORE?

My Rating


My Review

"More" is book 2 in lisa Shelby's you and me series.

I really love friends to lovers romances and more was one of them. It was sweet and hot at all the right places. This book turned me all mushy mushy and made me wanted to hug my teddy *lol*.

More centers around Alexandra aka Alex; an event organizer and Mickey Jacobs aka Mick a cop, who is also her best friend's brother and her childhood crush or rather I should say her one and only love since she was a little girl. Mick is one night stands type of guy whereas Alex is a more into serious relationships.


Alex has some serious daddy issues and only Mick knows about it so they have a connection like that. They are always there for each other. As the plot uncovers Mick realises that he wants something more than no strings attached and tries to persuade Alex to give their relationship a chance but Alex is too scared  and believes that sooner or later Mick is going to break her heart. So why bear all the pain.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicShe's not just my sweet thing. She's my more.

Their relationship is a bit complex with all that pulling and pushing and denial. There were definitely some moments when I wanted to smack their heads into the wall and shake some sense into them. Their pushing and pulling really irritated the hell out of me. Alex was a bit unreasonable one whereas Mick was comparatively the mature one. The story sure had some twists that I didn't see coming and it added to the angst level of the book.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicI cherish you and you are mine. I need to make you realize that... you... are... mine.

"More" was a fun and great read. The characters were developed and relatable. Somewhere in the middle I felt that the author was trying to stretch the story and more details were given than required, I wanted more of Mick and Alex but still I liked the book a lot. I loved how Alex's and Mick's relationship nurtured and intensified with time. They became more reasonable and understanding. The plot was refreshing and the author had a great hold over her words.



If you love sweet mushy romances with amazing characters and we'll developed plot, this book is totally for you. I definitely recommend this!!
General Ratings
Mick- 5 Stars
Alex- 3.5 Stars
Supporting characters- 5 Stars
Plot- 4 Stars
Storytelling- 4.5 Stars
Romance- 4 Stars
Sexual tension- 5 Stars
Sexual scenes- 4 Stars
Story ending- 4 Stars

Would I recommend this book? YES
Would I read other books from this author? YES
Did I enjoy this read? YES
Is it worth reading? YES


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

!!SPOTLIGHT!! The Gaia Effect Author by Claire Buss

Review: Shattering Truths (Deadly Veils #1) by Kyrian Lyndon

Review!! Mercy Redeemed by Kimm L. Reid