♠ARC REVIEW♠ Ripple Effect (episode 1) by Keri Lake

30622288
♠Blurb

Ripley
They call me RIP. 
I’m a killer. A murderer. A psychopath. 
In the eyes of the righteous, I’m a monster, born of sin and depravity.
I want to protect her, but I’m not a good man.
I want to love her, but I no longer feel.
She gets under my skin, though, and has awakened something inside of me.
Something I’d kill for.
I’m not her savior—not even close. In fact, I’m worse than the hell she’s already suffered.
I’m her vengeance. Tit for tat, as they say.
And if she’s not careful, I’ll be her ruin.

Dylan
For months, I’ve watched him.
I’ve fantasized him as my savior, my lover. My ticket out of the hell I’ve lived in for the last six years.
I never dreamed he’d be my nightmare.
Had I known what he really is, I’d have never gotten in the car that night, but life is full of cause and effect.
And sometimes the choice on offer isn’t a choice at all.
It’s the result of something already in motion, and we’re merely left to survive the ripple effect.



♠Cover Rating

♠Book Rating

Disclaimer-- This is an erotic suspense/erotic romance not recommended for readers under the age of 18 due to graphic violence and sex.

Ripple effect is book 1 in 4 book series by Keri Lake . It's dark, gritty and simply amazing. Ripple effect is the type of book that will get you all fucked up and you won't even know. You would want it but you will end up loving it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicEvery decision you make affects every moment that follows, Dylan. It's like a ripple effect. Choose wisely.

Ripple effect is a seriously twisted love story. It is the story of finding love in the most unpredictable circumstances with the most unexpected people.

Image result for ripple effect keri lake episode 1

So the story starts off with a 16 years old Ripley killing the man who murdered his mother that is  his own father.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic“You want to know how it feels to hurt you?” The detachment in my voice is foreign to me. Calm.
His lips stretch into a bloodstained smile. “Yes. Tell me. Tell me … how it feels.”
...“I feel nothing.”

The scene was heart breaking and downright cruel. I felt for Ripley so strongly, it made me wanted to strangle the dead man all over again.

The story takes us 12 years ahead and we are introduced to Dylan. Dylan's​ life, was never perfect but everything changed for the worst after her mother died because of drug overdose.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicThe game changed. The fairytale morphed into ugly and terrifying, yet all of my senses are out of whack.

She was put in Foster Care but it was no less than hell. After being abused, beaten, raped and used, the only thing she cared about was her dog— Charlie and her little foster sister—Layla.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicYou see those stars, Charlie? That’s what we are. Born of fire and chaos. Fractals. Infinite. Surrounded by darkness, and still we shine bright. We’re stars, Charlie.

She finds her solace in watching and observing a man who dines in a dinner near her so called home. She wants him and fantasises him even if he is unattainable.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicHe’s beautiful. A sad, but beautiful man.

She had plans but suddenly everything is turned upside down and she finds herself on the streets along with Charlie and her foster sister. But things take a turn for the worst when she loses her dog and foster sister and gets  entangled with a dangerous man, a killer—Ripley.

Ripley or Rip is a killer, a sociopath, an assassin. He is a monster whom everyone fears.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicI ’m a man of three simple pleasures: 
The hunt. 
The capture. 
And the kill.

He never needed anyone until the girl who knows no bounds and provoke him at every turn, Dylan.

But what happens when their paths crash together. They both have survived hell but will they be able to survive each other?


Image and video hosting by TinyPicShe is the wrinkle in smooth satin, the curiosity that won’t leave me be.

Told in dual POV was an all consuming read. I loved the characters and the character development was great. Both the characters had a darkness to them which made them perfect for each other.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicI’m afraid I can’t let you go this time, Butterfly. You’ve fucked yourself by coming back to me.

The first episode is just the beginning and not much was revealed but I am already wanting more. This was short and fast read and I am sure this series is going to be one of my favorites.

Image result for ripple effect keri lake episode 1


Ripple effect is a must read for the lovers of dark and dangerous romance. I whole heatedly recommend this!!



Books In The Series
Ripple Effect Episode 1 (Ripple Effect, #1) by Keri LakeRipple Effect Episode 2 (Ripple Effect, #2) by Keri LakeRipple Effect Episode 3 (Ripple Effect, #3) by Keri LakeRipple Effect Episode 4 (Ripple Effect, #4) by Keri Lake
♠General Rating
Ripley- 4.5 Stars
Dylan- 4 Stars
Supporting characters- 4 Stars
Villains- 5 Stars
Plot- 4.5 Stars
Storytelling- 5 Stars
Sexual tension- 5 Stars
Story ending- Cliffhanger 

Darkness-- High Focus
Humor-- Low Focus
Romance-- Low Focus
Action-- High Focus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW! Gladstones by M.J. Manley

Book Review!! When Opposites Meet by Sachin Garg

BOOK REVIEW: BOUND BY VENGEANCE(born in blood mafia chronicles #5 ) BY CORA REILLY