❢Book Review❢ Split by J.B. Salsbury


Blurb

What do you do when you wake up with no memory of what you did last night?

Lucas spent the first half of his life protecting himself from others, but now his own mind is his biggest enemy. He doesn't know what happens when the blackouts overtake him, but he can recall the feelings--the rage, the confusion, the fear. Thankfully the quiet life he's found in Payson, Arizona has kept the darkness at bay. Until his boss's estranged daughter shows up in town, asking questions she shouldn't and sparking a desire Lucas can't control. Getting close to Shyann is the best thing that's ever happened to him, but when his blackouts return, unleashing the truth he's battled so long to hide, he may just lose her forever . . .

My Rating


My Review


Oh My God❕What to say about this one. This book is damn amazing and by this I mean this book is more than amazing.This book fucked with my mind and then left me with a horrible book hangover. Split is like nothing I've read before. This is just so good, so fresh and so unique. A perfect blend of angst and thrill. Split is so full of twists and turns and by this I mean jaw dropping twists and turns that left my head spinning. I wasn't even able to get my head over what was happening. In short this book is flipping the pages amazing and I love Split, Period!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBecause love never discriminates,
even when you're split.

Split introduces us to Lucas and Shyann. They both are complete opposites and as we all know opposites attract so they did too. Shyann is drawn to Lucas and she feels that something about him is not right like something is strange. Lucas is not an ordinary guy, he is much more than that. He is not stable, he is dangerous. He is the definition of trouble. Lucas is not what he seems and he is not what you think he is. I really don't want to spoil the story so I'm not going into the details, but guys believe me this one is worth reading.


I loved both Shyann and Lucas. Shyann was fierce and independent whereas Lucas was damaged, beautifully broken but undeniably strong. Lucas's sufferings just broke my heart. His past was so horrible. I wanted to hug him and cry my heart out. There was so much going on in their lives, both were fighting their own demons in their own way, but as it's said love find it's way so they fell for each other hard and deep, no matter the consequences. 

Sometimes it felt like I was reading a love triangle, but don't worry guys, it's not a love triangle at all. It's far away from a love triangle. The plot is just so refreshing. This book is one of a kind. It's a psychological thriller like no other, the best. Throughout the book I kept on questioning, how the author would end this book, but Oh My My!! the ending was perfect and i wanted to cry some happy tears.


A big hand of applause for the author. She has done a great job on such a complex and unpredictable plot. The writing was perfect and polished. So the bottom line is, you have to read this book. If JB is a new author for you then you definitely have to give this one a try and I'm damn sure, you're going to love this.

General Ratings
Shyann- 5 Stars
Lucas- 5 Stars
Gage- 5 Stars
Supporting characters- 5 Stars
Plot- 5 Stars
Storytelling- 5 Stars
Romance- 5 Stars
Sexual tension- 4 Stars
Sexual scenes- 5 Stars
Story ending- 5 Stars

Would I recommend this book? YES
Would I read other books from this author? YES
Did I enjoy this read? YES
Is it worth reading? YES

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

!!SPOTLIGHT!! The Gaia Effect Author by Claire Buss

BOOK REVIEW: CROWN OF LIES (crown of lies duet 1) BY PEPPER WINTERS

My Book Boyfriends (Top #5)