ARC Review! Retaliation: A Twisted Mayhem MC Novel by Cat Mason


Blurb

When Roanne Frazier is thrown into a dangerous world she knows nothing about, the only one she can count on is the only person who has ever let her down. 
Blood and bullets are part of the game for Jensen Stone. Being President of the Twisted Mayhem MC means sometimes business requires bloodshed and Stone has no problem getting his hands dirty. Known for being fearless and ruthless in his tactics, his main goal is doing all he can to better his club and his town. Though it is easy to be reckless when you have nothing to lose. 
The world as they know it is about to be turned upside down. The pain of their pasts collide with the chaos of the present and sends the tension building between them into overdrive, proving that some things don't fizzle out with time. Secrets are revealed, lives are changed, and the small town of Legion Falls, Tennessee will never be the same. 
Will Ro and Stone find a way to hold onto each other while everything comes crashing down around them? Or will they be torn apart for good by their need for retaliation? 

Warning: This book contains adult subject matter and steamy sexual content. This book is meant as a work of fiction and meant to entertain, not to depict any real life motorcycle club or real life events.

✰Cover Rating


✰Book Rating


My Review

Edgy, raw and sexy' Cat Mason has given us a book with the  perfect amount of thrill, suspense and sexiness!!'

Image and video hosting by TinyPicSometimes justice requires bloodshed.

If you love motorcycle club romances, sexy-hot overprotective alpha males  and kick-ass heroines with hellish attitude, then this book is definitely for you.

I went into retaliation completely blind and at first had no idea what to expect but gladly this book did not disappoint me...Thank God!

I was completely sucked into this book from it's very first page. It kept me on the edge the entire time. Retaliation was full of twists and suspense, I was just unable to predict what was going to happen and it left me so frustrated that I wanted to smash my head into the wall. **Ok, Smashing my head part is a bit exaggerated but yeah it left me uneasy, I don't like to be kept in the dark. **

Retaliation revolves around the lives of Roanne Frazier and Jensen stone. The story starts with roanne whose life is turned upside down after she witnesses her father's car erupting into flames. The whole incident leaves her utterly shaken and bewildered .Enters Jensen stone and  like a knight in the shinning armor, he rescues her from the shackles of the irritating detectives and feds. 


But wait!! it doesn't end here, they also have a history together. Let's go into the flashback!!
Roanne's and Jensen's fathers were best friends so they spent their childhood together and were inseparable but everything changed the moment Jensen left Roanne and joined twisted mayhem MC. So now Roanne hates Jensen for leaving her but Jensen has his way with her and he knows how to handle the bitchy attitude of his duchess (Roanne).


As the story continues secrets are revealed and roanne realizes that her entire life has been a lie. As the truth unfolds, Roanne becomes prone to danger but Jensen would do anything to keep the love of his life safe. This was one hell of a roller coaster ride, full of action and gunfights and smuttiness.


Retaliation left me with conflicted emotions. At one moment I was cursing and tearing my hair out in frustration and at another moment I was laughing my ass out and questioning my sanity.

So all in all this was a great read for me and I do recommend this book. I am sure Retaliation won't disappoint you.

Characters
Jensen-I loved him, he was controlled, a perfect alpha-male, dirty talker and hot as hell. He wore confidence as his second skin.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicI protect what I love. Plain and fuckin' simple. The list isn't long, but babe, you've been at the top of it since I was eight years old. 

Roanne-I loved her as well. She was not a weak, crying sitting in the corner types heroine. She was strong and embraced what life threw at her. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHe has killed for me. I'll gladly die for him.

Supporting Characters- Every character in this book was amazing. I loved Schrader the most. He was the most charming character with an easy going attitude. He solely contributed in adding humor to the story. The scene in which he took a bullet to his ass was damn funny and the way he reacted towards the serious situations was just insane.
Favorite Scene

Umm, my favorite scene here was the proposal scene. I loved how Jensen confessed his undying love for Roanne in the middle of their fight. They were just arguing and he dropped the love bomb and Roanne was like "Are you serious?, duh". And as mentioned above the scene when Schrader took a bullet to his ass and decided to get it framed because it was his first time getting shot at made me laugh out loud.

General Ratings

Jensen- 4.5 Stars
Roanne- 4.5 Stars
Schrader- 5 Stars
Supporting characters- 4 Stars
Villains- 4.5 Stars
Plot- 4 Stars
Storytelling- 4.5 Stars
Romance- 3.5 Stars
Humor- 5 Stars
Sexual tension- 4.5 Stars
Sexual scenes- 5 Stars
Story ending- 4.5 Stars

Would I recommend this book? YES
Would I read other books from this author? YES
Did I enjoy this read? YES
Is it worth reading? YES

✰Author Bio
Cat Mason is a thirty year old, married mother of three. When she isn't writing; she is spending time with her kiddos or reading. She was born and raised outside of St. Louis, Missouri, just over the Mississippi River in Granite City, Illinois. Cat writes romance of all kinds with twists of humor.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW! Gladstones by M.J. Manley

Book Review!! When Opposites Meet by Sachin Garg

Book Review:It Only Happens In The Movie By Holly Bourne